During a time where vampires are riding new heights in popularity, Palladium Books is giving renewed attention to the bloodsuckers in their multiverse spanning role-playing game, RIFTS. Last week, Palladium released a newly re-written version of their Vampire Kingdoms world book. Long time RIFTS players will remember the Vampire Kingdoms as one of their first world sourcebooks to come out for the game. This versions official title is Rifts® World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition has alot of new content from writer/creator Kevin Siembieda along with new artwork (but still keeping some of the classic Kevin Long & Tim Truman artwork from the first edition).
This new version of the world book introduces Vampire Hunter occupational classes, updates the timeline to match events that have occurred in more recent sourcebooks and adventure series along with a total fleshing out of and expansion of the original text from the sounds of it. Here is the official breakdown of features from Palladium:
- The Vampire Hunter O.C.C., all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions and protectors.
- The Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire O.C.C.s.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Travel through the Vampire Kingdoms and surrounding areas.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- The presence of Archie Three.
- Ciudad Juarez mapped and described. A typical village and other places also described.
- Updated and revised to 109 P.A., plus Archie Three and more.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
The Rifts World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms, New Revised Edition can be purchased online directly from Palladium or you can find it at a gaming store near you.